"Will run for food" trail half
marathon marahton (it was actually 13.3 according to the race director).
That was really hard.
- Everyone said “good job” to me, and I assume they did for everyone else they passed. So friendly!
- Walking up the hills (big fucking hill #1 and big fucking hill #2) felt like more work than running the straightaways.
- The sandy hills were also realllly annoying.
- It was a small race and I’m pretty sure there were only two other people in my age group. The only downside is that I pretty much ran the entire thing by myself, since I was much slower than everyone. Which isn’t to say I ran slow today. I ran my goal pace that was about the same as what would be an easy pace on the road. I think that it was about 2 min/mile under my easy trail pace. There was still a lot of walking involved. I don’t know what my official result is yet, so I’m not sure how the time is compared to other races.
- I ate two clif shots and 3 oreos. That’s less than I brought.
- Big fucking hill #2 was a pain… it was super steep and sandy, which makes for very hard goings. I had to do it 3 times. I didn’t want to at all.
- At one point, near the end, I thought “Isn’t it nice I haven’t fallen at all?” and 2 seconds later I tripped and fell.
- And two miles later I crossed the finish line in laaaaast place.
- I should get a prize for that
- the runs-even-though-I’m-really-slow-but-I’m-working-just-as-hard-but-for-even-longer-time award.
- I guess the work pays off eventually
Anyway, it’s pizza time. Have a great Saturday!